What would one do, in a company canteen, while waiting for the snacks & sitting on a chair with an empty steel glass in front of you on a big plane table?^
Either look at the glass hopelessly or rotate it and observe the pattern it makes on the table! I chose the later & my colleague thought it was so kid-like & immature. Hell!
Did you ever take a look around yourself & observe all those serious, mature, responsible, dependable creatures? My statistics show that such creatures form 97%# of the total creatures on earth. These are the people who would typically (//one or more applicable) –
- Smile or laugh only when someone else (from the rest 3%) cracks a joke or says something funny, which is â€˜notâ€™ directly related to them.
- Think that the world will under perform without them.
- Climb only 1 step at a time on a big staircase.
- Prefer to be silent in most of the situations.
- (Pretend to) Think 1000 times before any decision.
- Be *afraid* of seniors in organization, family etc.
- Work while you work & play(?) while you play(?).
- Save for the rainy day. Philosophy: Money Saved Is Money Earned.
- Tolerate anything, for any amount of time.
- Watch T.V. everyday for at least 1 hour.
- Seen the world; been there done that.
- Been dealing with family problems(?) since childhood.
- Afraid of taking â€˜riskâ€™.
- Drive vehicles fast to experience the â€˜thrillâ€™.
- Feel that they were unlucky.
- Good at finding excuses than finding solutions.
- Talk about other people who are not around.
- Refrain from reading books.
- Wanted to play the â€˜Guitarâ€™.
- Mention â€˜sleepingâ€™ as a hobby in their casual introductions.
- (New) Have lots of secrets. If they reveal them, the earth would shatter.
- (New) Do not get time to do anything different.
- (New: added on 19th July) Their emails have subject line as ‘Hi!!!!!!!!!’ 🙂 . Note that the exclamation marks are used to indicated that they too, can have fun.
- â€¦ I can go on adding bullets here, but itâ€™s of no use.
The trouble with such people, I see, is that they live either in the â€˜pastâ€™ or in the â€˜futureâ€™. I sometimes wonder what happens to such people? Where does life take them? Do they really â€˜thinkâ€™ & act maturely? Or are they just dumb with apparently no thoughts flowing in their brains?
Incidentally, words by Mr. Lokmanya Tilak (Indiaâ€™s Freedom Fighter) struck my head. He said (and I paraphrase) â€œYour head should have the ice of thoughts & your heart should have the fire of emotions. The fire should not melt the ice & the ice should not cease the fireâ€. How true!
So all you â€˜Maturesâ€™, Whereâ€™s the ice & whereâ€™s the fire?
By the way, I figured out that the C.G of the glass in our canteen lies on the axis of glass, just below the center
-The Big K-
I have observed that people think I find fault with everything! Duh! Well, I donâ€™t. This blog is just a place to dump the junk from my head. Nevertheless, I continue to hope that this junk will ignite few dormant minds who will bring out the change to the world & make it a better place to live!
^ – I’m working on my sentence construction skills
# – I made that up