I survived yet-another-meeting-today!
I have realized that I should be less observant. But ‘observation’ is natural to me. Here are few observations from meetings/seminars etc. –
- Meeting schedule will always overlap lunch/snacks timings.
- 95% of the times, any meeting will last at least 12 minutes longer than expected.
- In any meeting, 30% of the team members will draw cartoons in their notepads. (Ladies usually draw leaves/flowers/patterns. Gents will sign the last page of notebook at least 3 times or write their name)
- In any meeting, the managers will display their power & authority by constantly staring at laptop screens.
- If its a multi-party conference call, it requires at least one redial to get connected.
- People with serious expressions need not be necessarily interested in the ongoing discussion.
- No one will ever question the statistics displayed on wide screen.
- (In Seminar) The presenter will be monotonous throughout the seminar.
- (In Seminar) The presenter will read out the text written on slides.
- (In Seminar) The count of total slides is inversely proportional to presenters intelligence.
- Presenter will always ask you to interrupt him/her anytime you feel to ask question(s).
- Presenter will never like/adore any question raised during his/her presentation.
- A technical presentation will end up in a conclusion that the presenter is a GURU (and a boring person).
- In a technical presentation, the slides will contain many abbreviations.
- In a technical presentation, the background color of slides will invariably be ‘white’.
- At least one cell phone (the one with the worst ring-tone) will ring up during a presentation/seminar.
- Any senior manager will use fancy slide effect in his/her presentation.
- others observations are strictly confidential.
That’s how it is. I’m sure you have been through this (if not, you will!).
-The Big K-