The sorry state of Indian Engineers continues. I just sometimes think that the future of nation is going in wrong hands 🙁 .
Here’s yet another query I received today: –
Can you help me?
Could u give me details about seminar topic smartquill?
1)merits & demerits of smartquill
2)internal structure of smartquill
3)slides for presenting this topic
Now, author of this mail (an engineering student) wants all of the above ready made, free, without any efforts. Of course, it must have took him (actually her) to write that email – but that’s it. Look at the demand carefully. She wants me to do all the search on her behalf, work on the internal infrastructure and come up with diagrams & also prepare power point presentation with her. I bet next demand would be something like this –
can you help me? can u present this topic in my college? Actually i’m too busy….I’ve to watch Ranbir Kapoor’s Bachna Ae Haseeno … please sir….its urgent…
I want to ask this person few questions:-
1. Why do you think someone will do it all for you?
2. Why are you into engineering?
3. Why can’t you search on Google?
4. Why are you wasting your parent’s money? [Maybe parents forced this person into engineering so that the person becomes a marriagable material, huh?]
5. Don’t you think you stole an engineering seat from a deserving candidate who’d have been a better engineer than you?
I’ve many more questions. I’m pissed off! Those who are reading this post – learn something. You are an engineer – you must learn to create things.
There are no free lunches, at least of us, the humans.
–The Big K–