As my old (I mean regular) readers know, I do not watch TV even when it’s turned off. However, I turn it on once in a while just to give the overall TRP a boost.
…and whenever I do that, the TV disappoints me.
In my opinion, the motorcycle industry has grown in the recession. The logical reason could be that the depressed people buy motorcycles and wroom them on the roads without wearing helmet. So that they can die and get rid of the recession. Anyway. What bothers me more is the stereotype advertisement every motorcycle company airs to discover depressed people.
I’ve made following observations about motorcycle advertisements –
- They are aimed at college kids.
- Show that if you have a motorcycle, girls will get attracted to you no mater how ugly you are.
- Never show a person riding motorcycle, you’d normally expect to ride.
- The bike rider will either wheely the motorcycle, or ride at 120kmph or jump off a building with motorcycle or come out of sea with the motorcycle or ride it on mountains or made circles (called donuts) on the road or do front tyre wheely…
- Show that their bike is technically most advanced [meaning, the bike’s body will have few abbreviations (dtsi, dtssi, blah-i) written.
- Show how scary their motorbike’s head-lights are.
- Height: One of the motorcycle manufacturer says that their motorcycle is like a bull – with all muscles. Ha ha , I saw the bike. It’s got few fibre parts extra; nothing else.
Why do all the motorcycle ads look the same?
–The Big K–