One of the reasons I never liked my job as a software engineer is that it was deteriorating my health. I followed this schedule like any other software engineer –
- Wake up at 8:30 am [How many of you have seen 8:30 am in your clock?]
- Morning duties.
- Office -> Directly into my chair in the remotest part of the remotest cubicle. Surprisingly, like many of you, I called it my ‘office’.
- I’d sit for 1 hour: Checking mails, going over through task list etc.
- Ping a colleague so that we could have coffee together. [Caffeine is bad for health]
- Gulp down two cups of coffee if the discussion prolongs.
- Back to the chair. Work – Work – work. Remain seated in the same, unhealthy posture, staring at computer screen (strain on eyes).
- To cafeteria for lunch and eat unhealthy food.
- Back to ‘office’ and working again.
- One Coffee Break.
- One snacks break.
- Back to ‘office’.
I’d ignore mild backpain I developed. My colleagues didn’t even get up to drink water! woa!
Ever since I’m on my own – I pay more attention to my health. 🙂 I feel much better now and I feel sorry for you. Today’s Dilbert strip made me write this post. Look at it –
– The Big K–