Most of the folks in my alma mater identify me as the guy who’s got all the solutions for their computer related problems like –
- “Ye Site Nahi Khul Rahi” [This site’s not opening]
- “Boss, icon kaha gayab ho gaya?” [Where’s the icon? It was on desktop!]
- “Blog kya chiz hai?” [What’s a blog?]
- “I want two copies of this (e)mail” [Hard copies]
- “Network kyu down ho raha bar bar?” [Why does the network go down?]
- and many more.
But I understand their queries and their curiosity to understand computers. So I help them as much as I can and educate them. But then, there are few smarter folks who try to show that they are more advanced computer users than anyone around. For them and then following conversation takes place –
Him: “Boss, this is no doubt good. But I have a suggestion for improvement”.
K: “Sure. What is it?”
Him: “Give it an IP and on that IP, just add a Skype link”.
K: “Didn’t get you, sorry. You want to setup Skype status on this page?”
Him: “No No No….. Do you know Skype? Ever used it?”
K: “Yes, of course.”
Him: “Then just add an IP and add Skype on it. So anyone clicking on that IP will be able to Video Chat with us”
K: “Hmm. Ok ”
–The Big K–