Here’s how banking ‘happens’ in India –
1. You fill up a form with your name, contact details and everything in CAPITAL LETTERS.
2. The bank executive feeds the data to his computer and makes a spelling mistake.
3. You are unaware of this mistake.
4. Then at crucial time, you are required to register your credit card with the issuing bank to provide unwanted ‘extra-security’.
5. Then the system tells your your ‘Contact Email’ does not match. Try after 4 days.
6. You try again thinking you might have entered another email ID of yours at the time of filling the form (in step#1 above). You get the same ‘error message’ on screen again.
7. You are rendered helpless.
–The Big K–