Frustrated with Reliance’s NetConnect, I jumped with joy when I heard about BSNL EVDO. Can anyone beat the 2.4 MBPS speed, that too with unlimited download and everything at just Rs. 750/- per month?
I got my BSNL EVDO Device through an agent [Device cost, Rs. 3640] and because of the delays from the agent, it took me three days to see the device. Being a techie ( :p ), I installed the driver myself and got it running. The agent left and I started checking the speed.
Now I never got speeds more than 5-6 kbps 🙁 but I was not ready to give up. I searched the whole Internet for fix and found out couple of solutions – which did not work. So finally, I found out a simple fix for the BSNL EVDO speed booster on VISTA:
1. Install the latest EVDO Dialer from ZTEMT Official Website: http://www.ztemt.com/ennewzte/service/ziliao.action
It worked for me. 😀 The speeds are now blazing fast 😀
Let me know if this works for you.
2. If the above does not work, I’ll also recommend performing following steps on Vista:
- Click on Start -> In the search box, type “command prompt”
- On the command prompt listing, right click and select “Run As Administrator”
- Click on ‘Continue’ on the hideous UAC popup.
- On the command prompt, type: netsh interface tcp show global
- See the status of Receive Window Auto-Tuning. It would be something like “highlyrestricted“.
- To change it, type: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
- Verify the status again by executing the command in step #4 above.
- It should be ‘disabled’.
Restart your computer and check the speed again. Happy EVDO browsing 😀
–The Big K–